Brewing heritage Trail
WHBV complements consumer brand work with public art projects located throughout its home neighborhood of Over-the-Rhine. Becoming the Digital Team contractor on the Brewery District/Brewing Heritage Trail (BHT) project is a key benchmark for WHBV and an opportunity to do mind-blowing work in its hometown. To help deliver this objective we are contributing early ideas and insights related to scheduling, workflows, best practices, content and strategy to help design, build and deliver identity and storytelling beneficial to the BHT Digital Team. Deliverables include Brewery District/Brewing Heritage Trail website, Audio and Visual App, VR/AR Prototype and Onsite Tour Assets as well as copywriting refresh of existing assets. Download the App "Brewing Heritage Trail" check out BrewingHeritageTrail.org
The non-profit, Brewery District asked us how we could create an online, offsite experience to both showcase Cincinnati's great brewing history and excite new tourist to interact with Cincinnati's rich heritage in Over-the-Rhine.
We started working with the Brewing Heritage Trail back in 2012. We were asked to "Blue Sky" and start developing digital interactive ideas for the Over-the-Rhine community and beyond. As we started concepting, it took several years for the Brewing Heritage Trail non-profit to grow and realize these executions. Moving into 2017, sketches turned into the Brewing Heritage Trail App including Walkable Audio Tours, Brewery Tours, Video and 360° photography.
defining the digital brand
Creating the experience
The Brewing Heritage Trail App expands the experience of visiting Cincinnati’s Brewing Heritage Trail 24/7 via unique digital activations and storytelling assets including:
• 360-degree Photography
• Interactive, 360-degree photography of The Crown Brewing Company “lagering cellar” transports Digital Trail users below E McMicken Ave. to experience where beer was fermented, aged and stored.
• Audio Tour
• Digital Activations, photos and audible storytelling transform the self-guided, nine-stop ‘Behind The Beer: Scandals’ tour into an immersive and interactive experience.
• Augmented Reality Video - An Augmented Reality Video transports Digital Trail users throughout all levels of the former Crown Brewing Company for a powerful, immersive experience.
• Interactive Map - Sourcing a Digital Trail user’s current location, the Interactive Map is the Central feature of the app. The map highlights trail segments, stops and points of interest containing additional storytelling assets.
• Points of Interest - The Interactive Map contains useful visitor information such as Parking, Restroom and Streetcar stop locations.
More Cincinnati Brewing History - In addition to igniting the Digital Trail with immersive experiences, there are links to connect you to Brewing Heritage Trail website pages containing useful information about events, merchandise and ways to support the trail.
We worked with the Brewery District and Jack Casino to create a pop-up experience to showcase the new Brewing Heritage Trail digital tools with interactive tools.